Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cake Decorating!!

So for ourI relief Society birthday social they had a cake decorating contest, and I thought it would be fun to join in. I had so much fun making this cake I've really been wanting to get into cake making, but haven't had a lot of opportunities to try so needless to say here it is.

It's for sure not perfect, but it's my first try so it's
all good in my eyes!!



My friend JaNae was on my team we stayed up til
11:00 the night before to get it done!
Here are the other cakes there was supposed to
be eight, but only four showed up!!





This was the winner it was really cool they did a lot of detail work!!
Yeah for cake decorating!!

13 comments:

aLi said...

oh my gosh those cakes look delicious. And of course WAY TO GO BRINDY! I was surprised that yours didn't win!!! Upon further inspection of the YW Values Cake I decided that, well, they did a pretty good job, too. It must have taken then a loong time to do it! Lots of details! So delicious looking. I'm on the p90x diet, so less carbs. And DANG those cakes are talking to me.

I have never attempted fondue. I don't ever want to either! Unless if I don't care to eat it. Otherwise, it's all buttercream or whipped cream for me.

hee hee, my word verification is "puker." ironic.

Kalynne said...

Wowsa! Your cake looks awesome! I had no idea you had the cake decorating talent. We now know what you're in charge of bringing for next game night!!!

Kim-the-girl said...

That looks awesome Brindy! I think Ali meant "fondant" because eating "fondue" is worth every bite and fondue isn't really related to cakes, but its all good. :) Seriously, you did a fabulous job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Brindy that is so great. You should really go into business doing cakes. Also...I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats :)

Jeni said...

WOW! Your cake is BEAUTIFUL! Another great talent!
How did it taste?!?!

Mandy said...

That is really cute. You did a great job!

aLi said...

Is it fondant?!? I thought fondue was the thing you dipped your cake in. Which, you can do, by the way.
Just kidding. Y'all caught me, Kim-the-girl. I was just thinking about all that yummy sugar.

what is it with my word verifications? Now it is diamphea. Rhymes with ______! :O

Katie Morgan said...

WOW!! I'm really impressed! How are things going for you?

Tina Birt said...

Wow my friend that is one amazing talent. So when and if I ever get married maybe I should have you make the fun cake! But I would want you to do my hair too! You might hate me when that time comes! :)

Dustin and Kellie said...

Now I know who to call for my kids birthday cakes! Holy moly!!! Wow guys, yours is great! Absolutely AMAZING! Way to go!

Heidi said...

That cake looks AWESOME!!! Way to go Brindy! I think you should have won FOR SURE!!!

Glenn and Lance said...

Hey, maybe you can do the birthday cake for our house!?!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I am totally stunned! Your cake is off the cake contest TV show...only on a smaller scale!!! Way to go, Missy!!! That cake is breath-taking!!! Nice job!! Love, Jane