Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Brindy and I have been really fortunate in that we haven't had too many people pass on that are immediate family members. Brindy even has a great grandma still alive. However, I have had one Grandpa pass on that I knew and one Grandma pass on that I didn't know. My Mom's dad, Grandpa Call, was a great man. I've heard countless stories of how he helped support people in the church monetarily, even though they didn't have much themselves. He was stubborn, but very generous. I've been told that I get my brown eyes from him.






Another person to remember is my Mom's birthmother, Margarie Alice Bruerton. She passed away from polio when my Mom was 2 years old. From the stories that have been told about her, she sounded like an energetic, fun person.



4 comments:

aLi said...

I love seeing these old pictures. It makes me grateful to think of where I came from, and helps me see who I am. Thanks for the sentimental journey.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Well that certainly brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat! How thoughtful of you, Kim, to create this post! Thank you! I have seen most of those pictures, but you pulled out a couple I don't think I have ever seen!

Sweet! What a nice day we had today with family. love, Momma J

Jeni said...

I loved looking at those photos. Ditto to what ali said.

Teacher Mama said...

Okay, this really has nothing to do with this post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say congrats on the new job and baby #2. Hope things are going well! By the way this is Sarah Erickson. Our blog is private so I'f you'd like an invite, e-mail us at nicknsarah@comcast.net.